If you're brand new to inbound:
Tourism Australia has created the Planning for Inbound Success Toolkit which is designed to provide you with the basic tools, knowledge and key contacts needed to enter the export tourism market. This information, combined with advice and assistance from tourism associations, industry bodies and tourism operators should put you on the path to success.
- Discuss your product and plans with the international and product development units at your STO and RTO head office. View a list of STO contacts
- Sign up your product as part of the Australian Tourism Data Warehouse (ATDW) and subscribe to the STO email database.
- Get your product listed with the Australian Tourism Data Warehouse (ATDW) by contacting one of your State or Territory representatives for ATDW.
Once you have discussed your product and plans with your local STO and RTO, you may wish to start looking into the marketing tools and resources provided by Tourism Australia. The Tourism Australia Business Development Managers will also be able to assist you with information on Tourism Australia’s activities, events, research and marketing opportunities. Contact them at: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you're currently working with STOs/RTOs on international marketing:
Tourism Australia has many resources available to assist you in marketing your product internationally.
"There’s nothing like Australia" campaign
- Download the free campaign tools and find out more about getting involved in our international campaign.
Business Events Marketing Opportunities
- See the Business Events marketing prospectus and find out more about being part of Tourism Australia’s activities.
- Make sure that you are signed up to our weekly e-news Essentials to ensure that you are up to date with our global campaign activity and also across any upcoming marketing opportunities. Sign up now.
- Each quarter Tourism Australia produces a detailed report on the performance of its key markets and international campaign activity. View the Quarterly Market Updates to gain further insight into the regions you are marketing to. View more information on Tourism Australia’s key markets.
Media: Global News Bureau
- So that we are able to include your news – send your media releases, digital images and interesting stories to our international media team! The Global PR team also runs programs such as Advocacy and International Media Hosting Programs. These programs are a great way to generate publicity about your product.
Image and Film Library
- Tourism Australia’s online image gallery contains iconic still and moving images to help promote Australia. Images are free as long as they are used to promote tourism to Australia. Production costs for footage apply.
- Aussie Specialists are a dedicated group of retail travel agents actively selling and promoting Australia around the world. The Aussie Specialist Program is designed to provide travel agents and distributors with the knowledge and skills to sell Australia more effectively.